Why use J.E.G. Diesel as your Volkswagen diesel pump repairs specialist?
- we’ve been specialising in diesel fuel injection systems since 1971
- we use only original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts
- our technicians restore VW pumps to as-new condition, for much less than buying a new pump
- each reconditioned VW fuel pump comes with a 6 month/10 000 km warranty.
J.E.G. Diesel is part of the Bosch diesel network, with access to the latest test benches, equipment and training.
About Volkswagen pump repairs
Early warning signs of a faulty fuel pump include:
- an overheated engine
- poor engine performance
- a sudden decrease in power when driving
- sluggish acceleration
- misfiring of the engine
- a loud clicking sound or whining noise when the engine is idling.
If the diesel fuel pump in your Volksie fails completely, the injectors will be starved of fuel. This will cause the engine to stall.
A faulty fuel pump can cause serious engine damage that requires major repairs.
At J.E.G. Diesel, we refurbish VW diesel fuel pumps to as-new condition – at a fraction of the cost of a new pump.
A fuel injection system operates in an unyielding, high pressure environment.
In the case of diesel engines, it also acts as a filter system, preventing impurities in the diesel from clogging up the injectors.
When any of the components are not working optimally or fuel levels are consistently maintained at low levels, the fuel pump may malfunction.
Low fuel levels can cause the pump to dry out, erode or fail altogether.
Incorrect current flow to the pump, loose or corroded connectors or a congested fuel injector are among a number of common reasons why a VW diesel fuel pump fails.
It depends on the condition of the pump. Most often, reconditioning a pump is a reliable option – and much more cost-effective than having to buy a new pump.
At J.E.G Diesel, we use the latest Bosch test benches to diagnose VW fuel system problems.
Our technicians then recommend whichever course of action is the best, for both your vehicle and your pocket book.
VW has developed a range of compression-ignition diesel engines that use unique fuel injection systems.
The SD engine relies on the more dated and less efficient suction diesel injection system.
The SDI is a naturally aspirated engine that uses direct fuel injection, and is notable for its reliability and economical fuel consumption.
The TDI, or Turbocharged Direct Injection, engine initially featured an electronic distributor injection pump, and two stage direct injection.
The system was later changed to a common rail fuel injection system using piezoelectric fuel injectors.
Over the years, VW fuel systems have undergone several modifications and upgrades.
VW TDI models launched after 2000 have a diesel fuel system that uses solenoid-operated unit injectors – known as Bosch Pumpe-Düse technology. This system was upgraded in 2003 to re-incorporate the piezoelectric design.
As of 2009, VW TDI engines feature common rail fuel injectors.
Get in touch
Give us a call on 021 511 9197 or submit your details using the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- Service anywhere in the Western Cape
- Collection & delivery of injectors and pumps
- Affordable repairs
- Extensive testing
- High-quality finishes
6 Amphion Street, Paarden Eiland, CT
Volkswagen Diesel Cars
Polo 1.6 TDI, 1.9 TDI
Golf 1.6 TDI, 1.9 TDI, 2.0TDI
Tiguan 1.6 TDI, 2.0 TDI
Toureg 3.0 TDI
Transporter 1.9 TDI, 2.0 TDI
Amarock 2.0 TDI
Caddy 2.0 TDI, 1.6 TDI
Passat 2.0 TDI
Our workshop is equipped with the newest Bosch Diesel Diagnostic equipment and qualified diesel technicians to ensure a professional service.
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from J.E.G. Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.~ Andre Du Preez
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from JEG Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.Andre
- Sean & team sorted out my smoking Auris D4D out. Wish I had taken it in ages ago as it had always smoked and agents just tried to talk the problem away. It is now much improved. My fuel economy is better, increased from average (actual measured) range of 14.5 to 15km/l up to a much more respectable 16 to 16.5km/l (and this for an older 2l diesel motor with 210k km on clock....= one very happy customer!) I also no longer cover vehicles behind me in a plume of black smoke.~ Garth Elliot