Why refurbish your Toyota’s diesel pump with J.E.G. Diesel?
- we’ve been specialising in Toyota fuel injection systems for decades
- our expert Toyota pump reconditioning and repairs can save you replacement costs
- our workshop is the only one in the Western Cape using the latest Bosch 815 test benches
- we use only original equipment manufacturer (OEM) spares
- we provide a warranty with each refurbished Toyota pump.
Toyota diesel pumps are designed to be refurbished cost effectively. However, beware of overly cheap parts and work. At J.E.G. Diesel, we maintain the highest standards.
About Toyota diesel pump repairs
Symptoms of a failing Toyota diesel fuel pump often include:
- a high-pitched squealing or whining from the fuel tank
- difficulty starting (or failure to start)
- slow or jerky acceleration
- spluttering of the engine, especially at high speeds
- stalling at high temperature
- high fuel consumption.
If you’re noticing any of the listed Toyota fuel pump problems, it’s best to have the fuel system properly checked.
An expert technician can diagnose a diesel pump problem and determine whether pump reconditioning or replacement is the best option.
Toyota diesel pump refurbishing is much less expensive than replacing a pump.
The components of a Toyota fuel injection system, including the pump, are manufactured with the expectation that they’ll be routinely serviced and, when necessary, reconditioned.
Provided workmanship is of high quality and only OEM parts are used, reconditioning can provide similar performance and life span to a brand new pump – at much lower cost.
A diesel pump may malfunction or fail if components are clogged due to other contaminants in the fuel. This is a common complaint about the latest common rail diesel systems, which are especially sensitive.
A Toyota diesel pump might also fail due to other mechanical problems – for example, a faulty fuel pressure regulator – or because of an electrical fault.
In a modern diesel vehicle, such as a diesel Toyota Hilux, Fortuner or Landcruiser, a pump is part of the system that injects fuel into the engine.
In a gasoline engine, spark plugs ignite the fuel in a combustion chamber.
A diesel fuel injection system doesn’t use spark plugs. Instead, a pump automatically supplies fuel to injectors. These spray pressurised fuel into heated, compressed air, causing it to ignite.
Get in touch
We specialise in Toyota injector repairs, Toyota diesel pump repairs and Toyota turbo repairs. Give us a call on (021) 511-9197 or submit your details using the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- Service anywhere in the Western Cape
- Collection & delivery of injectors and pumps
- Affordable repairs
- Extensive testing
- High-quality finishes
Toyota Diesel Cars
Toyota Land Cruiser
Our workshop is equipped with the newest Bosch Diesel Diagnostic equipment and qualified diesel technicians to ensure a professional service.
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from J.E.G. Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.~ Andre Du Preez
- From my first telephone contact with Sean to picking up my Mercedes 270 cdi a few days later, I found the service to be first class. Having the required work carried out, the car now runs like a dream. Thanks to the great guys and service at JEG! As Arnold would say 'I'll be back'!Paul
- Sean & team sorted out my smoking Auris D4D out. Wish I had taken it in ages ago as it had always smoked and agents just tried to talk the problem away. It is now much improved. My fuel economy is better, increased from average (actual measured) range of 14.5 to 15km/l up to a much more respectable 16 to 16.5km/l (and this for an older 2l diesel motor with 210k km on clock....= one very happy customer!) I also no longer cover vehicles behind me in a plume of black smoke.~ Garth Elliot