Why use JEG Diesel for Mercedes diesel injector repairs and refurbishment?
- we’ve been servicing Mercedes diesel injectors since opening our doors in 1971
- all our technicians are Bosch-certified
- our team rebuilds Mercedes injectors to OEM standards
- we provide a warranty with each refurbished Mercedes diesel injector
- we offer free collection and delivery of Mercedes diesel parts in the Western Cape.
About Mercedes diesel injectors
Mercedes diesel injector issues may occur over time with normal wear and tear.
There are a number of possible causes for Mercedes diesel injector problems. Generally, it’s best to leave the diagnostics process up to a qualified Mercedes diesel injector expert.
These are some of the possible signs of a need for Mercedes diesel injector servicing or refurbishment:
- increased fuel consumption
- difficulty starting the engine, particularly on colder days
- ready cutting off of power when you idle
- sudden loss of power when accelerating
- the engine struggling to reach full RPM
- surging and bucking.
Diesel injectors are often overlooked during services and vehicle maintenance. This can lead to build-up of contaminants, wear and tear, and malfunctioning of the parts over time.
However it may look on videos you find on the internet, cleaning Mercedes Benz diesel injectors is a job best left to a qualified diesel mechanic. This is because Mercedes fuel injectors are sensitive components.
Any blockage or contamination can lead to a fuel supply problem. In turn, this can damage your vehicle’s engine or even cause catastrophic engine failure.
Depending on the type of injection system on your vehicle, specially formulated detergents may be used to clean carbon buildup on the injector. However, it’s vital to know how to approach cleaning each injector system and model.
The function of a diesel injector is to deliver a steady stream of diesel to the engine.
A dysfunctional diesel injector may inject too much or too little fuel into the engine’s cylinders, and that is why you will experience a loss of power, idling issues or surging. You may also notice some oil leaks.
If you suspect injector or other fuel supply problems, consult a Mercedes diesel injector repair specialist to avoid permanent engine damage.
Depending on the make and model of your Mercedes vehicle, diesel injectors should continue to function optimally for mileages of between 80 000 to 160 000 km.
This will also depend on how regularly you service the car and change the fuel filters. Maintenance is key in making your car go further.
Get in touch
We specialise in Mercedes injector repairs, Mercedes diesel pump repairs and Mercedes turbo repairs. Call us on 021 511 9197 or submit your details using the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- Service anywhere in the Western Cape
- Collection and delivery of injectors and pumps
- Affordable repairs
- Extensive testing
- High-quality finishes.
Mercedes-Benz Diesel Cars
Mercedes-Benz G-Class Wagon
Mercedes-Benz ML- Class
Our workshop is equipped with the newest Bosch Diesel Diagnostic equipment and qualified diesel technicians to ensure a professional service.
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from J.E.G. Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.~ Andre Du Preez
- I saved an excess of 2k due to Sergio's diligence and customer service going the extra kilometer, never mind mile, to get me a part from Durban. Awesome customer service guys.Clint
- Thanks Sean, Sergio, Herman and the rest of the expert team at J.E.G. Diesel. My D4D had a serious black smoke issue since I bought it. Took it to these guys after having a chat at the CTMS and WOW! Excellent service. Always kept me up to date so I knew exactly what the status was and what will happen next. You guys come highly recommended!~ Dries Du Toit