Why refurbish your Land Rover’s diesel pump with J.E.G. Diesel?
- we’ve been specialising in diesel fuel injection systems since 1971
- our expert Land Rover pump reconditioning can save you replacement costs
- our workshop features the most advanced Bosch diagnostic equipment
- we use only original equipment manufacturer (OEM) spares
- we provide a 6 months/10 000km warranty with each refurbished Land Rover pump.
A reconditioned Land Rover diesel pump offers similar performance and life span to a brand new pump, at a fraction of the cost.
However, beware of substandard parts and work. At J.E.G. Diesel, we maintain the highest standards.
About Land Rover diesel pumps
The main symptoms of a failing Land Rover diesel pump are:
- trouble starting
- a stuttering engine
- loss of power when accelerating
- surging of the vehicle.
It’s also common for the fuel tank to emit a high-pitched noise – and you might notice a significant increase in fuel consumption.
If either too little or too much fuel is supplied to the engine, it can lead to serious (and very costly) engine problems.
If you suspect a fuel supply problem, it’s best to have your vehicle’s system checked as soon as possible.
With wear and tear, Land Rover fuel injection and pump problems are fairly common.
Modern, high-pressure injection systems are especially sensitive to clogging due to fuel impurities.
Pumps can develop leaks.
A fuel supply system can also malfunction because of a mechanical fault, an electrical problem or faulty fuel pressure regulators.
Do you suspect a Freelander pump problem – or a problem with a Defender, Discovery or Range Rover diesel fuel pump?
Depending on age and model, Land Rovers may have significant differences in the configuration of their fuel systems.
For example, the early Freelander Td4 fuel system included multiple pumps – a low-pressure pump in the fuel tank and both low-pressure and high-pressure pumps in the engine bay.
More recent Land Rover models feature electronically controlled common rail systems, as developed by Bosch.
A suitably qualified technician can tell you whether pump refurbishing or replacement is the best course of action. This will depend on the condition of your Land Rover’s pump.
More often than not, Land Rover diesel pump refurbishing is the most sensible, cost-effective solution.
A Land Rover’s diesel fuel system, including the pump, is manufactured with the assumption that it will require servicing and, when necessary, reconditioning.
This is much less costly than paying for a new pump.
Given high-quality workmanship and OEM parts, a reconditioned Land Rover fuel pump can perform as well and last as long as a new one.
Get in touch
Give us a call on 021 511 9197 or submit your details using the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- Service anywhere in the Western Cape
- Collection & delivery of injectors and pumps
- Affordable repairs
- Extensive testing
- High-quality finishes
6 Amphion Street, Paarden Eiland, CT
Our workshop is equipped with the newest Bosch Diesel Diagnostic equipment and qualified diesel technicians to ensure a professional service.
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from JEG Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.Andre
- Thanks Sean, Sergio, Herman and the rest of the expert team at J.E.G. Diesel. My D4D had a serious black smoke issue since I bought it. Took it to these guys after having a chat at the CTMS and WOW! Excellent service. Always kept me up to date so I knew exactly what the status was and what will happen next. You guys come highly recommended!~ Dries Du Toit
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from J.E.G. Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.~ Andre Du Preez