Why use J.E.G. Diesel as your Jeep diesel pump repairs specialist?
- diesel fuel system specialists since 1971
- state-of-the-art Bosch test benches and diagnostic tools
- original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts only
- cost-effective reconditioning of Jeep fuel pumps
- a 6 month/10 000 km warranty with each refurbished pump.
J.E.G. Diesel is part of the Bosch diesel network, with access to the latest equipment and training. Our technicians focus on saving you money, as well as on what’s optimal for your vehicle.
About Jeep pump repairs
The key indications of a faulty high-pressure Jeep fuel pump are:
- sporadic loss of power
- no response when accelerating
- a surging engine
- loss of power when driving uphill or towing a load
- the engine fails to start.
It may also indicate a Jeep fuel supply problem if your engine stalls at high temperatures or you notice a significant increase in fuel consumption.
Diesel fuel pumps operate under high pressure. This applies particularly to the direct injection fuel pumps in the latest generation Jeep models.
As a result, leaks and malfunctions due to blockages are fairly common.
Factors that can contribute to wear on the fuel pump include:
- irregular oil changes or use of the wrong type of oil – this can increase wear on the camshaft and affect pump performance
- imperfect alignment of pump pressures, camshaft position, pressure solenoid position and injector pulses.
Whether you drive a Jeep Wrangler YJ, TJ or JK or Grand Cherokee, your vehicle’s fuel supply depends on a complex, sensitive system – one with multiple components that work together under high pressure.
However, there are differences between the models.
For example, the iconic Wrangler Jeep YJ has a mechanical carburated fuel flow system.
The existing fuel injection system was introduced in the Jeep TJ, and later modified to include larger fuel injectors and a re-designed intake manifold, throttle body and cam profile.
The current model, the Jeep Wrangler JK, has a cylinder deactivation feature. It shuts down two engine cylinders at cruising speed to improve fuel efficiency.
The age and condition of your Jeep’s fuel pump will determine whether a refurbishment or replacement is the best solution.
Thorough diagnostic testing enables our technicians to give the best advice.
In most cases, Jeep fuel pump refurbishing is a suitable course of action. It’s a lot cheaper than buying a new pump, while still restoring performance to optimum levels.
Get in touch
Give us a call on 021 511 9197 or submit your details using the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- Service anywhere in the Western Cape
- Collection & delivery of injectors and pumps
- Affordable repairs
- Extensive testing
- High-quality finishes
6 Amphion Street, Paarden Eiland, CT
Jeep Diesel Cars
Jeep Cherokee – 2.8 CRD, 2.5 CRD, 2.7 CRD, 3.0 CRD
Jeep Wrangler – 2.8 CRD
Our workshop is equipped with the newest Bosch Diesel Diagnostic equipment and qualified diesel technicians to ensure a professional service.
- Sean & team sorted out my smoking Auris D4D out. Wish I had taken it in ages ago as it had always smoked and agents just tried to talk the problem away. It is now much improved. My fuel economy is better, increased from average (actual measured) range of 14.5 to 15km/l up to a much more respectable 16 to 16.5km/l (and this for an older 2l diesel motor with 210k km on clock....= one very happy customer!) I also no longer cover vehicles behind me in a plume of black smoke.~ Garth Elliot
- I saved an excess of 2k due to Sergio's diligence and customer service going the extra kilometer, never mind mile, to get me a part from Durban. Awesome customer service guys.Clint
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from JEG Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.Andre