Why refurbish your Ford’s diesel pump with J.E.G. Diesel?
- we’ve been specialising in Ford fuel injection systems since 1971
- our expert Ford pump reconditioning and repairs can save you replacement costs
- our workshop is the only one in the Western Cape that uses the latest Bosch test benches for Ford diesel pump repairs
- we use only original equipment manufacturer (OEM) spares
- we provide a 6 months/10 000km warranty with each refurbished Ford pump.
Ford diesel pumps are designed to be reconditioned cost effectively. However, beware of substandard parts and work. At J.E.G. Diesel, we maintain the highest standards.
About Ford diesel pumps
The most common sign of a failing Ford diesel fuel pump is a high-pitched noise, or squeal, from the fuel tank.
A faulty fuel pump affects the injection of diesel to the engine. For this reason, you may also experience the following symptoms:
- problems starting your Ford vehicle
- uneven acceleration
- spluttering of the engine
- stalling, especially once the engine reaches a high temperature
- higher than usual fuel consumption.
If you suspect a Ford fuel pump problem, it’s best to have your vehicle’s fuel system properly inspected.
Common causes of diesel pump failure include:
- clogging due to a build-up of contaminants in fuel
- mechanical problems, such as improper regulation of fuel pressure
- an electrical fault.
It’s best to have an expert in diesel fuel injection systems check your vehicle if you suspect a problem.
A suitably qualified technician can tell you whether pump refurbishing or replacement is the best option. This will depend on the condition of your Ford’s diesel pump.
Typically, Ford diesel pump refurbishing is a suitable alternative.
Given high-quality workmanship and OEM parts, a reconditioned Ford fuel pump can give roughly the same performance and life span as a new pump.
However, it costs a lot less than replacing the pump.
In a modern diesel vehicle, such as a diesel Ford EcoSport, Ford Ranger or Ford Focus, the pump supplies diesel to the fuel injectors.
These then spray highly pressurised fuel into heated, compressed air, in the combustion chamber.
This causes the diesel to ignite, providing power for the engine.
By contrast, a gasoline-powered (non-diesel) vehicle uses spark plugs to ignite fuel.
Get in touch
We specialise in Ford injector repairs, Ford diesel pump repairs and Ford turbo repairs. Give us a call on (021) 511-9197 or submit your details using the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- Service anywhere in the Western Cape
- Collection & delivery of injectors and pumps
- Affordable repairs
- Extensive testing
- High-quality finishes
Our workshop is equipped with the newest Bosch Diesel Diagnostic equipment and qualified diesel technicians to ensure a professional service.
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from J.E.G. Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.~ Andre Du Preez
- From my first telephone contact with Sean to picking up my Mercedes 270 cdi a few days later, I found the service to be first class. Having the required work carried out, the car now runs like a dream. Thanks to the great guys and service at JEG! As Arnold would say 'I'll be back'!Paul
- Thanks Sean, Sergio, Herman and the rest of the expert team at J.E.G. Diesel. My D4D had a serious black smoke issue since I bought it. Took it to these guys after having a chat at the CTMS and WOW! Excellent service. Always kept me up to date so I knew exactly what the status was and what will happen next. You guys come highly recommended!~ Dries Du Toit