Why use JEG Diesel for Mercedes diesel injector repairs and refurbishment?
- we’ve been servicing Mercedes diesel injectors since opening our doors in 1971
- all our technicians are Bosch-certified
- our team rebuilds Mercedes injectors to OEM standards
- we provide a warranty with each refurbished Mercedes diesel injector
- we offer free collection and delivery of Mercedes diesel parts in the Western Cape.
About Mercedes diesel injectors
Mercedes diesel injector issues may occur over time with normal wear and tear.
There are a number of possible causes for Mercedes diesel injector problems. Generally, it’s best to leave the diagnostics process up to a qualified Mercedes diesel injector expert.
These are some of the possible signs of a need for Mercedes diesel injector servicing or refurbishment:
- increased fuel consumption
- difficulty starting the engine, particularly on colder days
- ready cutting off of power when you idle
- sudden loss of power when accelerating
- the engine struggling to reach full RPM
- surging and bucking.
Diesel injectors are often overlooked during services and vehicle maintenance. This can lead to build-up of contaminants, wear and tear, and malfunctioning of the parts over time.
However it may look on videos you find on the internet, cleaning Mercedes Benz diesel injectors is a job best left to a qualified diesel mechanic. This is because Mercedes fuel injectors are sensitive components.
Any blockage or contamination can lead to a fuel supply problem. In turn, this can damage your vehicle’s engine or even cause catastrophic engine failure.
Depending on the type of injection system on your vehicle, specially formulated detergents may be used to clean carbon buildup on the injector. However, it’s vital to know how to approach cleaning each injector system and model.
The function of a diesel injector is to deliver a steady stream of diesel to the engine.
A dysfunctional diesel injector may inject too much or too little fuel into the engine’s cylinders, and that is why you will experience a loss of power, idling issues or surging. You may also notice some oil leaks.
If you suspect injector or other fuel supply problems, consult a Mercedes diesel injector repair specialist to avoid permanent engine damage.
Depending on the make and model of your Mercedes vehicle, diesel injectors should continue to function optimally for mileages of between 80 000 to 160 000 km.
This will also depend on how regularly you service the car and change the fuel filters. Maintenance is key in making your car go further.
Get in touch
We specialise in Mercedes injector repairs, Mercedes diesel pump repairs and Mercedes turbo repairs. Call us on 082 851 9917 or submit your details using the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- Service anywhere in the Western Cape
- Collection and delivery of injectors and pumps
- Affordable repairs
- Extensive testing
- High-quality finishes.
Mercedes-Benz Diesel Cars
|Mercedes-Benz G-Class Wagon|
|Mercedes-Benz ML- Class|
Our workshop is equipped with the newest Bosch Diesel Diagnostic equipment and qualified diesel technicians to ensure a professional service.
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from J.E.G. Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.~ Andre Du Preez
- Sean & team sorted out my smoking Auris D4D out. Wish I had taken it in ages ago as it had always smoked and agents just tried to talk the problem away. It is now much improved. My fuel economy is better, increased from average (actual measured) range of 14.5 to 15km/l up to a much more respectable 16 to 16.5km/l (and this for an older 2l diesel motor with 210k km on clock....= one very happy customer!) I also no longer cover vehicles behind me in a plume of black smoke.~ Garth Elliot
- From my first telephone contact with Sean to picking up my Mercedes 270 cdi a few days later, I found the service to be first class. Having the required work carried out, the car now runs like a dream. Thanks to the great guys and service at JEG! As Arnold would say 'I'll be back'!Paul