Why refurbish Ford diesel injectors with JEG Diesel?
- decades of experience – we’ve been repairing Ford diesel injectors since 1971
- expert Ford injector servicing, testing and repairs by Bosch-certified technicians
- rebuilding of Ford injectors to OEM standards
- a service warranty with each refurbished Ford diesel injector
- free collection and delivery of Ford diesel parts in the Western Cape.
About Ford diesel injectors
The role of a diesel injector is to drive diesel into the cylinder, where it’s ignited to give your vehicle power.
There are a number of possible reasons for injector failure. It’s best to let an expert diesel mechanic identify the cause of Ford diesel injector problems.
Mechanical wear and tear is a regular issue. As your Ford diesel vehicle gets older, the diesel injectors may block up or degrade.
Ford Ranger bakkie engines, for example, depend on adequate oil cooling to function. To prevent oil from not cooling properly, you need to have the oil changed regularly, inspect the fuel filter and have your oil cooler checked.
To avoid engine failure, keep your diesel injectors in top shape with regular servicing. Your diesel injection specialist can recommend how often your Ford diesel injector refurbishment should be done.
Carbon build-up is to blame for the black smoke that diesel engines are often associated with. It’s a more common problem in diesel vehicles than petrol ones.
Depending on the type of injection system on your vehicle, a specially-formulated detergent can be used to clean carbon build-up on the injector.
This is a job best left to a diesel mechanic, as an incorrect detergent can actually damage your injection system.
Ford Ranger owners sometimes experience a loss of power when accelerating their vehicles. This usually happens with older vehicles, and it has an effect on overall fuel economy.
The reason is often dirt-clogged injectors that can’t function as they should.
Oil leaks, fuel odours, and a sudden loss in power combined with heavier fuel consumption may be a sign that your diesel injector is faulty.
Depending on the make, model and retailer, most Ford vehicles have a warranty of 5 years or 160 000 km (whichever comes first) on diesel injection components.
To keep your warranty valid, it’s essential to service your vehicle according to Ford’s requirements, and to repair diesel injectors at an accredited injection specialist.
Get in touch
We specialise in Ford injector repairs, Ford diesel pump repairs and Ford turbo repairs. Give us a call on 021 511 9197 or submit your details using the form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
- Service anywhere in the Western Cape
- Collection & delivery of injectors and pumps
- Affordable repairs
- Extensive testing
- High-quality finishes
Our workshop is equipped with the newest Bosch Diesel Diagnostic equipment and qualified diesel technicians to ensure a professional service.
- Thanks Sean, Sergio, Herman and the rest of the expert team at J.E.G. Diesel. My D4D had a serious black smoke issue since I bought it. Took it to these guys after having a chat at the CTMS and WOW! Excellent service. Always kept me up to date so I knew exactly what the status was and what will happen next. You guys come highly recommended!~ Dries Du Toit
- I want to thank Sean & Sergio from J.E.G. Diesel for the great service I received in reconditioning the injectors on my Fortuner. They provided excellent service and communicated clearly every time they made contact to keep me up to date with progress. Thanks guys.~ Andre Du Preez
- Sean & team sorted out my smoking Auris D4D out. Wish I had taken it in ages ago as it had always smoked and agents just tried to talk the problem away. It is now much improved. My fuel economy is better, increased from average (actual measured) range of 14.5 to 15km/l up to a much more respectable 16 to 16.5km/l (and this for an older 2l diesel motor with 210k km on clock....= one very happy customer!) I also no longer cover vehicles behind me in a plume of black smoke.~ Garth Elliot